The management Committee for Jamia Masjid Swafia have made the difficult decision to implement some serious measures to protect all members of our Community and to minimise the spreading of Coronavirus (Covid-19).
(1) is highly contagious and can be easily spread person to person or by touching contaminated surfaces
(2) has no current cure
(3) if it infects elderly people or someone with underlying health problems it could end their life
To minimise the chances of spreading the virus and protecting everyone’s health especially the more vulnerable in our community Jamia Masjid Swafia is taking the following measures until further notice from Wednesday 18 March 2020 :
(1) Jumma Friday Namaz / Prayers will be reduced to just the essential short Khutbha in Arabic and Farz (Fard) Namaz. We request all namazees pray their Sunnats and Nafils at home. There will be no talk before or Salat o Salam afterwards. We request everyone leaves straight after the Dua and doesn’t shake hands for Salaam.
(2) Wudu (ablution) and toilet facilities at the masjid will be closed. Everyone should do Wudu at home before coming to the masjid,
(3) The five daily namaz / prayers will be reduced to just the Farz (Fard) for jamaat. You should pray Sunnat and Nafils at home.
(4) We request as in line with government guidance, the most vulnerable, those who are above 60 or those with health problems protect themselves, and should for the time being, pray their namaz at home and not in the masjid.
(5) If you have any of the symptoms for Coronavirus, a high temperature fever, continuous dry coughing or breathing problems you should NOT come to the masjid. You should self isolate at home for at least 7 days following government guidelines and protect your family as well.
(6) All children’s Islamic Classes at the masjid are suspended until further notice.
(7) All other masjid activities including Ghiyarvi programmes are suspended. (The Ladies Ghiyravi programme for this Saturday 21 March is cancelled.)
The talk / Zikr programme after Isha on Mondays and Thursdays are suspended.
(8) No phooris or gatherings for the deceased or khatams will take place at the masjid.
(9) If someone passes away and a Janazah (funeral) is required at the masjid please contact us in the normal way.
(10) Any namazee can bring their own “Musallah” or prayer mat for use in the masjid if they wish but please ensure it is clean and not too big, only for your use.
(11) Please follow other guidelines such as regularly washing your hands with soap when returning home.
Muslims have a unique relationship with their local masjid and the changes may seem harsh to you but are needed to protect everyone. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding during what are unprecedented and unique circumstances.
The decisions have been made by consulting Islamic scholars. The same difficult decisions are being made by masjids across the UK and the world.
We hope you will join us in continuing to do Dua to Allah Subhana Wa Talah that this difficult period will pass soon with minimum harm to everyone in the world and our community in particular. And that we can return to our normal blessed life soon.
The situation is changing all the time and we may have to make further changes so please continue to listen to Swafia Azaan Radio, look out for messages or see www.swafia.org.uk
Message on behalf of Jamia Masjid Swafia Committee